Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

WOW what a special day!  I received my first Mother's Day card from my daughter.  The card is absolutely beautiful, my favorite colors - pink and purple.



The verse inside the card is written on flower printed paper, folded in half showing pink on one side and purple on the other.  After reading the card and tearing up (did I mention that is was signed "To my Mommie, Love Chelsie"); Jeff told me there was something else in the card.  I couldn't tell but tucked inside the fold of the flower printed paper was a note from my baby girl (I think she had a little help from her daddy).  While trying to read the note the tears were rolling down my cheeks! 

Note from my baby girl.
(Click to Enlarge)


Okay, so now that you have seen the note, you see that our little one now has a name.  We have tried out many names, tossed several around and even thought we had settled on one, but that was not the case until this weekend.  Our daughter will be named Chelsie Ann Lindsay.  Her middle name Ann is after her maternal Grandmother.

Also, today we were invited to the home of our niece and her husband for Mother's day lunch.  Oh my goodness what a lunch!  We had steak, potatoes with cheese, broccoli, rolls and fruit salad.  Then for dessert...homemade peach cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream.  Can you say YUMMY!  On top of all the wonderful food and great visit, my niece gave me a sweet Mother's Day card that yes made me tear up again.

Such a special day!  Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers.

5 comments:

  1. My joy overflows for you! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Jeff. I love you and know that I am reading with great anticipation for you! Arhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you on Mother's day. Next year you will have your sweet little girl with you! Thinking of you both!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest thing ever! What a wonderful mommy and daddy she has! I know I already told you but hope you had a wonderful day...and next will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri and Jeff,
    There are no words to describe the love and happiness we have for you as you take this journey to the next phase of your life,Only to say your baby's smile on the video you shared with us stole our hearts until we can squeeze her in person..love you, cindy and doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri and Jeff

      We love hearing about Chelsie and are so excited and happy for you all. Isn't it funny how God answers prayers when He says so? You are going to make such wonderful parents. We love you both so much and cannot wait to meet your precious little one! Love Larry and Heidi

      Delete